The unanimous call by teeming Tescon women Commissioners, Regional and Constituency Women Organizers and NPP serial callers for the appointment of Mimi Duah to deputies Hon Kate Gyemfuah to steer the affairs of the party’s women wing is on course.
By Organa Matasa Blay
This vibrant mother of one is a promising young woman known in private life as Miriam Awurama Duah but popularly known as Mimi Duah in New Patriotic Party, students activism and beyond.
Mimi is a very humble, loyal, caring, dedicated, selfless, hardworking and dynamic leader with exceptional mobilization skills notable within existing female volunteer groups, Tescon Wocom’s, pressure groups, student leadership bodies, etc.
She hails from Asante Akyem Kurofa (Ashanti Region) and Wamfie (Bono Region) respectively but natured her political life in Greater Accra. She is the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) of DUMIRA ENTERPRISE which has ventures in the production, wholesale and retail of unisex fashion accessories, toiletries and others.
Mimi has nutured a lot of young women through her entrepreneurship training, political and business meetings.
• Mimi is a product of Abuakwa State College-ABUSCO in the Eastern Region, where she ascertained her senior secondary school education as a business student (2007-2011).
• She had her tertiary education at the University of Ghana, Legon where she was honoured with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Information Studies (2012 – 2019).
• She had successfully attained her Post Graduate education in MSc Supply Chain Management from Coventry University – UK (2020-2022).
• NPP nominee for Frederick Ebert Stiftung (FES), ABANTU and Women in Broadcasting (WIB) Young Women in Politics Leadership Training (March 2018 – July 2018)
• Tescon research and communication member at University of Ghana, Legon (2014-2015)
• Personal Assitant to Hon. Ishmael Ashitey (deceased) former Greater Accra regional chairman (2014-January 2017)
• Founding member NPP Ladies for Power (2015-date)
• Working Committee member – NPP Greater Accra Youth Wing (2016 General Election)
• President of Becky’s babes, NPP Female Volunteer Groups Dedicated to First Lady of Republic of Ghana – Mrs Rebecca Akufo Addo (2016-2018).
• Convenor of NPP Women’s Wing Maidens WWM (2018 – December 2019)
• Ghana’s Ambassador, World Movement Democracy (July 2018 – December 2020)
• New Patriotic Party Communicator (TV & Radio, 2018 – Date)
• Facilitator for Gender Centre for Empowering Development and International Republican Institute – IRI, (March 2019 – 2020)
• Member of NPP National Women’s Wing Operations Committee (2018-Date)
• Member of NPP National Women’s Wing Research committee (2019 to 2020)
• Member of NPP National Women’s Wing Committee in charge of identifiable groups (2018-Date)
• Member of Ashanti Regional Youth Wing Planning Committee (2020 general elections)
• Patron to Ashanti Regional Youth Wing (2019 – May 2022)
• Patron to Bono Regional Youth Wing (2018-Date)
• Patron to Greater Accra Regional Youth Wing (2018 – date) and many others.
For advertising, media relations and music promotion, check out the following: